BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Last Warm Day

Something like a pause,
Realization that it had passed--
The last warm day.

Nothing particular brought it to mind.
The gray was always there
A coolness in the wind, now for some days.

And somehow overlooked
Lost in school or work or play
My heart drops as I can't remember
That last warm day.

But even sooner than this,
While the sun still shone for you
And the stars still burned for you, it came--
Your last warm day.

We always knew the Fall was coming
We even count the days.
Yet all the knowledge of our years never stopped the cold.

"Are you ok?", just nod and smile.
But we know Winter is setting in
And it will be this way for a while.

-J. Tabithia

I wrote this back in October when I was going through a lot. Came across it again today and thought I would post it on my blog. 

0 comments: